Illustration and Narrative Lecture & Tutorial

  4/7/23 - 7/7/23 Week 1 - Week 16

Low J- Yin / 0352888.

Bachelor of Design in Creative Media / Illustration and Narrative

ASSIGNMENT BREAKDOWN

E-portfolio compilation

-Technical recaps

-Assignment Processes 

-Final Reflection

Project 1: Exercise

Exercise 1: Vormator character

Exercise 2: Illustrated typography

Project 2:

 Maybank MyTIGER Art competition

Project 3:

 Digital triptych

Final project :

 Animated 1 page visual novel



LECTURES

Week 1: Briefing

For this week, the lecturer introduced himself and started briefing us for: 

1. Practice how to use pen toll by the website link : https://bezier.method.ac

fig 1.1 exercise 

2. Design and create one unique character by using the given sets of shape with Adobe Illustator.

3. Keep on practice using pen tool to make the shape had given.

Week 2 : Exercise 1 

fig 1.2 vormator shape

For this week, we will need to learn how to use the shape of fig 1.2 to create a character.

Week 3
fig 1.3 vormator design

For this week, we will need to learn:
1. Character Design
2. Shapes
3. Shape builder
4. blob brush
5.Pathfinder

Week 4
fig 1.4 vormator colour

For this week, we will need to learn different colour palettes :
1.Color
2. Gradient
3. Pattern 
4. Texture

Illustrator Type
We will need to learn how to use
-Type (outlined)
-Pencil Tool
-Shaper Tool, Width Tool

Week 5

fig 1.5 progress of 3d

Select Path - Offline Path to have same size of the shape.

fig 1.6 progress of 3d

Using the tool of "Rotate" to rotate the shape equally.

fig 1.7 3d and image trace

For this week, we will need to learn how to use 3D material effect and learn how to illustrate type.

Week 6

INDEPENDENT LEARNING WEEK

Week 7

PROGRESS CHECKING OF PROJECT 2

Week 8

NO LECTURES

Week 9

For this week, we will need to learn light and shadow:
1. Visual Depth
2. Atmosphere and Mood
3. Symbolism and Metaphor
4. Visual Hierarchy and Focus
5. Contrast and Conflict

Exercise of the week:
fig 1.8 light and shadow exercise


fig 1.9 light and shadow exercise

fig 2.0 light and shadow exercise

Week 10

We will need to learn:
1.Patterns
2. Drawing Modes 
3. Width Tool

Week 11

PROGRESS CHECKING OF PROJECT 3

Week 12

CONSULTATION OF PROJECT 3

Week 13

FINAL ASSIGNMENT BRIEFING 

Week 14

SELF DIRECTED

REFLECTION

I was very confused at the first stage when I start learning illustration, it’s not what I thoughts is.Every details and lines need to be clear and tidy.There’s are too much of stuff we need to be careful and be aware when we done the work.I could say I learn a lot from the mistakes and troubles, I had really satisfied of everything I had done.Even when I look back my assignment #1, I know it’s not perfect, but I know that is how I could improve my work when I compare to my final assignment. Unfortunately, I didn’t save too much of details, but I know I had tried my best to done all the best.




Comments

Popular Posts